I Take My Hat Off To Jess Brammar Over 'Hatgate'



Jeremy Corbyn supporters are resorting to the same tactics of 'unreason' as Team Trump with their faux outrage and false claims of bias against the media - with the  BBC are their favourite target, just like Trump and CNN.

Witness this latest piece of nonsense over 'Hatgate' in which the Corbynistas accused the Newsnight programme of photshopping a Russian-style hat onto their Dear Leader's head, only to find that this allegation was completely false and that the same Kremlin backdrop had been used to set the scene for an interview with a Government minister.

I take my hat off, as it were, to the Newsnight editor Jess Brammar who put these crazy people in their place with a succession of very reasonable, rational Tweets.

I wonder if a fulsome apology from Owen Jones, a leading cheerleader for the Corbynistas, is on its way?  

 





  1. By all means criticise Newsnight. That’s healthy, and we will always welcome people like coming on the show to criticise us from our own studio. But no one photoshopped a hat.
  2. And finally, the Russia background was a rehash of one Newsnight used a few weeks ago, for a story about Gavin Williamson, the Defence Secretary
  3. apparently (forgive me for passing on tech details I don’t understand firsthand) some detail might also have been lost with it going through the screen and then being filmed back through a camera, again the standard effect on images on that big back panel
  4. Our (excellent,hardworking) graphics team explained the image has had the contrast increased & been colour treated, usual treatment for screen graphics as they need more contrast to work through the screens. If you look you can see it’s same hat in silhouette
  5. Ok, it’s Saturday & I’m in the hairdresser but my phone is having a meltdown so I’m going to address this - I’ve been staying out of it because I haven’t been in the office since thurs afternoon, but here we go...Newsnight didn’t photoshop a hat.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!